- Run a 5K - The hubby and I are currently training and I hope to get off my duff and run the Turkey Trot in Castle Rock next month.
- Finish another easy baby quilt - Must.get.sewing machine!
- Make this owl from the Purl Bee
- Finish up a shawl for someone special
- Learn how to snowshoe in Rocky Mountain National Park
- Finish up more of my felted bird Christmas ornaments
- Buy a bird feeder for the newly landscaped back yard
- Go to knit night at Stash
- Lose 5-10 lbs
- Buy curtains
Monday, October 24, 2011
I need a jump start. Yep, I've been procrastinating for too long since we've moved to Colorado. Since I'll be 40 in January, I've decided to at least list some goals that I have before that big milestone:
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
I came home tonight after picking up the CSA loot, and proceeded to snap beans for a vegetable soup. What a relaxing experience it is to snap beans - pop (1st end), pop (2nd end), pop (middle). This sound reminded me of Granny Teague, who every summer tirelessly took care of all of the cooking, sewing, canning, gardening, cleaning and rearing of all of us grandchildren. She would work in my uncle's chicken houses early in the morning and come back to fix me and my cousin breakfast on our summer vacation. She would then start on lunch - biscuits, ham, snap peas - maybe fried okra or squash depending on what was in the garden. Love you Granny.