Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ten Things

I'm not nearly as eloquent as SouleMama (I'm completely in love with her blog!), but since she asked readers of her blog what we are loving this holiday season, I figured I'd post ten of my favorite things so far:

1. Knowing that I don't have to go back to work until January 5th. Since my birthday is January 1, I'll hopefully go back with a new frame of mind - I'll be older, wiser and calmer :)

2. Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens and their annual light festival.


3. Our upcoming annual trip to the Outer Banks.


4. Ina's (Barefoot Contessa) recipe for French Chocolate Bark.

5. Our Christmas Tree

6. The hubby's scrumptious Parmesan and Root Vegetable Lasagna.

7. Our kitten, Blooregard, and his crazy antics.



8. Brie, goat cheese and garlic as well as brie, manchego and pear gourmet grilled cheese samis. Oh, and Dijon mustard on the side.



9. Amish Friendship Bread.

10. The anticipation of starting a new knitting project using Briar Rose yarn.


11. The Downy woodpeckers in my yard.


So...What are you loving this December?

1 comment:

Renee said...

Glad you like the blog suggestion! I've been reading for 3 years and havent tired yet.

I don't know if I could name 10 things, but Im excited for: 2 weeks off, the end of Pete's finals (today!), Christmas shopping for the little one (I got him some great sutff!), and a possible trip to Elmo's while we're in NC.