I'm not nearly as eloquent as SouleMama (I'm completely in love with her blog!), but since she asked readers of her blog what we are loving this holiday season, I figured I'd post ten of my favorite things so far:
1. Knowing that I don't have to go back to work until January 5th. Since my birthday is January 1, I'll hopefully go back with a new frame of mind - I'll be older, wiser and calmer :)
2. Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens and their annual light festival.
3. Our upcoming annual trip to the Outer Banks.
4. Ina's (Barefoot Contessa) recipe for French Chocolate Bark.
5. Our Christmas Tree
6. The hubby's scrumptious Parmesan and Root Vegetable Lasagna.
7. Our kitten, Blooregard, and his crazy antics.
8. Brie, goat cheese and garlic as well as brie, manchego and pear gourmet grilled cheese samis. Oh, and Dijon mustard on the side.
9. Amish Friendship Bread.
10. The anticipation of starting a new knitting project using Briar Rose yarn.
11. The Downy woodpeckers in my yard.
So...What are you loving this December?