- I'm still around, but since my trip to the hospital, it's been difficult to knit. I'm not quite sure what's going on - I'm just going to roll with it though and hope that this knitting hiatus doesn't last for too long.
- I've been obsessed with salads the past few weeks - Spinach with fresh zucchini, squash and goat cheese is my new favorite dinner.
- The excessive heat in VA is making me long for winter - I just can't wait until things cool off.
- The garden has produced pounds of tomatoes this year - for that, I am grateful.
- The hubby is fascinated by the fact that I've never had fresh lima beans. I can't wait until they come in.
- I think I need to go see a love story in the theater - Maybe 500 days of summer will do the trick?
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
While I'm getting better and starting to recover from all the trials and tribulations of the week, I'm moving in slow motion on knitting. I haven't felt like doing much but sitting around and reading or watching Food Network. The one thing that the hospital stay did for me is made me feel very fortunate for the things I have and the things I have done. Everything looks different to me now. Before the stay, I was so busy trying to push out knitting projects that I'm not sure I really took the time to actually enjoy what I was doing. Now, I'm looking at that big stash of yarn and not feeling anxious; instead, I feel like the yarn will tell me what it wants to be and when. This is a lot less stressful to say the least.