no knitting to show - i think it's the heat?? it's so freaking hot here and not a drop of rain in sight. alas. I'm finishing up a shawl to show. pix to come soon. in the meantime, some fun:
I think I’ve done this before, but I’ll do it again anyway
4 Jobs I have had in my life
- I worked in a dry cleaners all during high school. I secretly loved the way they organized dry cleaned shirts versus laundered shirts
- For 3 years, I worked as an assistant to museum curator, organizing art exhibitions and talking with NY and LA galleries. God, I loved this job and don't know why I quit (oh yeah, couldn't pay my rent :)
- In college, I tutored French to disabled students
- I was able to get an internship with the world renowned software company
SAS during a summer in grad school. Man, was this cool! We had M&M's every Wed and doughnuts on Fridays. They had a grand piano in the main cafe. The original model for Yoda was in the R&D building in which I worked.
4 films I can watch again and again
-Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
-Arsenic & Old Lace
-Pride & Prejudice (the BBC version)
4 places I have lived
- I lived in France 2 different times. At age 20, I moved there for 8 months. During college, I lived there for a summer
- I lived in Chicago for all of 6 months!
- I lived in Raleigh, NC for 7 years
- I have resided in Richmond for 3 years
4 TV series I watch
-Law & Order (still watch the reruns)
-Six Feet under (hilarious!)
4 places I have been on holiday
-Prague - Ah, what a great city!
-Switzerland - I haven't been in 10 years but would love to go back!
-Scotland - went there on my honeymoon
-France - where I've left part of my soul :()
4 things I do every time I go on the Net
-check my email
-check the news
-check Yahoo airfares
-check the website I'm responsible for
4 things I would NOT eat for anything in the world
- a steak (although as a lapsed vegetarian, i sometimes crave them)
- brains and eggs
- pig's feet
4 places I would love to be right now
- on sabbatical
- in Europe
- visiting San Francisco
- upstairs knitting!
4 people to tag
- My Mum (sorry, Evelyn, can't remember your blog name!)