Monday, June 02, 2008

MSW Stash Take One

Typically when I buy something new I use it immediately. My friends and family have often teased me about purchasing new shoes and either wearing them out of the store or putting them on in the car when I leave the store! I had to learn a little more patience when I started knitting and acquiring stash. As there are only so many hours in the day to knit, yarn is required to sit on the shelf a little bit longer than a new pair of shoes. That said, I just can't take my mind off of the loot I purchased at the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. It's just begging me to do something with it! I figured that by posting about it I was at least acknowledging its existence :)

Stash Take One:


Early in the day at the MSW I found the tent for Brooks Farm from Lancaster, TX. They were strategically located between the alpacas and llamas and since I was headed that way, I made a stop. Brooks Farm carries some amazing yarns in a wide variety of gorgeous, rich colors. I purchased 2 different yarns from them. Solo is a wonderfully soft sport weight 100% wool with good yardage at 400 yds/skein. I'm thinking about a cabled sweater...although I only bought 1200 yards so I'm not sure I'll have enough.

Primero is a beautiful 100% Kid Mohair yarn with fantastic yardage at 500 yds/skein. I'm so eager to knit this up into a shawl -I just need to decide on a pattern!

No comments: