Sunday, March 25, 2007

Spring Fever

Can you tell that I'm anxious to knit, garden and post entries? That's Spring fever baby! Work is boring, yet stressful. The class is a never ending amount of work. Who would have thought that a course with only 4 students would take up so much time! I've really enjoyed the students despite the extra work. And, I'd be fully prepared if I was asked to teach the class again. Despite these factors, I am sooo ready for the END OF THE SEMESTER! :)

My summer plans include trekking to fiber festivals, knitting up a ton of summer garments and expanding my garden. I'm also thinking of a retreat to the John C. Campbell Folk School in North Carolina. Although the classes look amazing, what really caught my eye was the wonderful menu they offer. Hello cheddar scrambled eggs with home fried potatoes and garlic shrimp served over couscous!

Hopefully the man sweater will be a finished object by May. Here is the current progress. Much to my surprise (and disappointment), the hubby has a very long torso and arms. I'm still in stockinette land.


I'm currently typing outside on a beautiful 60 degree morning, procrastinating about preparing a lecture for this week's class. The Sea Silk is calling me away from stockinette. "Susan, knit me into a beautiful shawl. Don't worry about class this week. Knit, knit, knit!!'

Happy Sunday.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I, too, want to take a class at the John C. Campbell folk school. I'm thinking maybe in the fall, around the time of SAFF in Asheville....

The man sweater is looking nice! :-)

Speaking of gardening, I need to get out there this week -- I have a ton of stuff to plant, and weeds to pull and branches to prune.... I'm tired already!

(Oh, and my word verification is "oyhmud". Oy! Mud!)