Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I love the Internet

How cool is this? I'm sitting in Zurich Switzerland writing on my blog! We have a 4 hour layover on the way to Prague. Thank goodness we do, as the plane was late taking off from Washington DC. Seems like we were just there this morning and yet we left at 6pm last night! Weird. The airport in Zurich is beautiful. Very clean. Looks just like a big IKEA. We can see the Alps from the airport. I'm still searching for a yarn shop in the terminal. Wouldn't that be a cool business! A chain of yarn stores in airports! I did see a few folks knitting - only elderly ladies though. I thought I'd get a lot more done on the plane, but it was a bit cramped. I was working on a hat, but will frog it again. This is the 2nd time I've tried to make this simple hat and it always turns out too big. The gauge is right. The pattern is simple. For some reason though, I can't seem to finish this simple project. I'm going to rip it out again and just make mittens. On a funny note (well, maybe not so funny), the Swiss security almost took my Denise needle case. They thought it was an electronic device!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are very brave to take your laptop on an international flight. Didn't they want to take it apart to see if you had a bomb inside?
Have fun in Prague.

lemmie said...

no -weird. they were more concerned about my denise knitting needles (the ones that have multiple needles and attachments). i think they thought it was some sort of electrical device ( a bomb i think). funny :)