Monday, May 05, 2008

here sheepie sheepie sheepie - maryland sheep and wool rocked!!!




This was my first year at the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival and wow did it surpass my expectations! Not surprisingly, I spent way too much money on new yarn...Aside from this stash enhancement, I was just completely entranced by the number of vendors and the amount of sheep in attendance. It was insane! I was also totally mesmerized by the beautiful, sweet, soft alpacas (who make a wonderful little humming sound); I literally could have spent all day watching and petting them.

All in all, it was fabulous - I put most of the photos on flickr, including pix of my mother-in-law and my new stash. You'll have to guess what type of yarn I bought as I'm too tired tonight to enter specs into Ravelry. I'll go to bed knowing tonight that it's quite nice and soft though :)

Bloo was quite angry with us when we returned home on Sunday. Not only did we smell like sheep and alpaca, but we left him for about 24 hours by himself. Look at that sad face!

1 comment:

Celeste said...

Glad you had a great time!

See, told ya...bring cash :) But that spoils the fun.